Oak Grove will reopen for services on June 7th. This webpage will serve as the central location for information regarding our reopening and any COVID-19 updates that impact Oak Grove Baptist.
As we return to services in the church we ask that you consider the following:
- We have always been a church that gives handshakes and hugs, but some people may feel uncomfortable with that at this time. Please follow the physical distance suggestions as outlined by the CDC.
- Please use the hand sanitizer when you arrive. There are sanitation locations in the foyer. In order to conserve, parents please help your children when dispensing sanitizer.
- We will do our best to sanitize hard surfaces but it will help if you limit your contact with hard surfaces.
- If you, or a member of your family, are feeling sick or have a fever consider staying home and watching the live stream.
- If you are at risk medically or have pre-existing conditions, please watch our live stream from home.
Service Times and Seating
On June 7th we will offer two worship service times: 9am and 11 am. We will not have any Bible Study groups meeting until further notice. We are maintaining the recommended safe distance between rows and seats so seating is limited to 113 people at each service. Please take a moment to pre-register your family for a service and the number attending so we can prepare a space for your family. Additional seating is available in the Fellowship Hall for overflow. Our deacons will direct you to seating that will accommodate your family. At the conclusion of the service the chairs will be sanitized for the next service.
Until further notice, we will not resume Sunday Morning Bible study or Wednesday Night Activities. Our leadership will reevaluate every month as more information is made available.
We are preparing for your arrival by cleaning the spaces where we will meet. We have purchased a sanitizer that will kill the COVID-19 virus on hard surfaces. Our goal is to provide a safe space for you and your family.
We will not provide childcare when we reopen. The safety of our children is very important to us and we are not prepared to use the childcare rooms until every precaution is taken and the area is safe for our kids. We have not set a timetable for providing childcare but will keep you informed when that occurs.
Personal Protection Equipment and Screening
If you would prefer to wear a mask at our services, please feel free to do so. We will honor your choice to wear one or not to wear one. Masks are available at the welcome center if you do not bring one. Gloves are not necessary. We will not be screening individuals before they enter the church building. Please self-screen before coming to church. You can use this self assessment to assist you in making a decision about attending.
To prohibit the spread of the COVID-19 virus Oak Grove will observe safe physical distancing protocols. This includes:
- There will not be any paper handouts.
- The coffee corner will be closed. Please leave your snacks and drinks in the car.
- During the welcome time, please remain in your row.
- Instead of passing the offering plates, there will be a drop box located by the entrance to the Sanctuary.
Returning to the church will be different than when we last met. Thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks. We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.