Dennis A Larson • June 30, 2020
Thanks for joining us online! We’ve created this group to encourage spiritually-rich interactions all throughout the week.
You can find our group at anytime by going to , logging in, and selecting our church group in the left-hand sidebar. Once you’re in the group, there are three main sections:
- On the left, use the Community navigation panel to access the different parts of our church group. You can view our church calendar, our digital directory, access content, Bible study, and more!
- In the middle, you can read recent news, prayer requests, and more. Comment on posts in the activity feed or add your own post or prayer request! Learn more about posting in the group.
- The right panel holds important group information, like reading plans, prayer lists, and other important links.
Get the App!
You can access our group from your mobile device with the free Faithlife app! Get the app!
We’re happy to help! Click on About on the left to contact any admin.
Dennis A Larson • June 23, 2020
We are living in unprecedented times in the history of the church and for Oak Grove as well. We have the ability to send the gospel around the world in only seconds using online streaming and social media. This past Sunday we had 70 people attend our first service with an additional 22 households watching on the livestream and 15 people watching live on Facebook. The second service had 90 people attend in person with 22 households watching on the livestream and 10 more people on Facebook. Since yesterday 224 people have viewed some portion of our services on Facebook.
Why do I mention this? Our reach is farther than ever. Households in California, Colorado, Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Western Europe have watched one of our live streams in the past four months. God's Word is being taught and He promises it will not return empty (Is 55:11). We will continue to teach and preach the truth of God's Word at Oak Grove and pray that God will provide open ears and willing hearts. Mark 13:10 says that the gospel must be preached to all nations. It is now possible to do that very thing. I ask you to join me in praying for a spiritual revival that begins with us. May the word of the Lord go forth like the rain and water the earth.
Masks and COVID-19
As you know, the City of Waco has issued an order requiring masks in public spaces. Oak Grove is outside the Waco city limits and we will not require you to wear a mask at church. However, with the increase in COVID-19 cases in McLennan County and the state of Texas, it may be wise to wear a mask. You may want to consider wearing a mask if:
- You have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or been in contact with an individual that has been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- You are in the high risk category
- Someone who lives with you is in the high risk category
- You have concerns
Please use wise judgment and self-screen you and your family before coming to church. If you have any concerns it is okay to remain at home and watch our live stream at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
Register for a Service
Please register you and your family for one of our services this Sunday.
Book of James
We began a sermon series on the book of James two Sundays ago. You can listen to them on our website if you missed them. James provides practical insight on being doers of the Word and not hearers only. Take some time this week and read through the entire book. I hope you will join us in person, or online, this Sunday as we continue in our study.
Dennis A Larson • May 31, 2020
Oak Grove will reopen for services on June 7th. As we return to services in the church we ask that you consider the following:
- We have always been a church that gives handshakes and hugs, but some people may feel uncomfortable with that at this time. Please follow the physical distance suggestions as outlined by the CDC.
- Please use the hand sanitizer when you arrive. There are sanitation locations in the foyer. In order to conserve, parents please help your children when dispensing sanitizer.
- We will do our best to sanitize hard surfaces but it will help if you limit your contact with hard surfaces.
- If you, or a member of your family, are feeling sick or have a fever consider staying home and watching thelive stream.
- If you are at risk medically or have pre-existing conditions, please watch our live stream from home.
Service Times and Seating
On June 7th we will offer two worship service times: 9am and 11 am. We will not have any Bible Study groups meeting until further notice. We are maintaining the recommended safe distance between rows and seats so seating is limited to 113 people at each service. Please take a moment to pre-register your family for a service and the number attending so we can prepare a space for your family. Additional seating is available in the Fellowship Hall for overflow. Our deacons will direct you to seating that will accommodate your family. At the conclusion of the service the chairs will be sanitized for the next service.
Until further notice, we will not resume Sunday Morning Bible study or Wednesday Night Activities. Our leadership will reevaluate every month as more information is made available.
We are preparing for your arrival by cleaning the spaces where we will meet. We have purchased a sanitizer that will kill the COVID-19 virus on hard surfaces. Our goal is to provide a safe space for you and your family. The Sanctuary will be cleaned between services. If you are willing to help sanitize after the 9 am service, please contact Dennis at email@example.com
We will not provide childcare when we reopen. The safety of our children is very important to us and we are not prepared to use the childcare rooms until every precaution is taken and the area is safe for our kids. We have not set a timetable for providing childcare but will keep you informed when that occurs.
Personal Protection Equipment and Screening
If you would prefer to wear a mask at our services, please feel free to do so. We will honor your choice to wear one or not to wear one. Masks are available at the welcome center if you do not bring one. Gloves are not necessary. We will not be screening individuals before they enter the church building. Please self-screen before coming to church. You can use this self assessment to assist you in making a decision about attending.
To prohibit the spread of the COVID-19 virus Oak Grove will observe safe physical distancing protocols. This includes:
- There will not be any paper handouts.
- The coffee corner will be closed. Please leave your snacks and drinks in the car.
- During the welcome time, please remain in your row.
- Instead of passing the offering plates, there will be a drop box located by the entrance to the Sanctuary.
Returning to the church will be different than when we last met. Thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks. We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.